Research Specialization Option
The Research Specialization Option is intended to prepare students for advanced study and work opportunities. Completion of the option will result in a “Research Specialization Option” designation on student transcripts and degree. The requirements for the Research Specialization Option are as follows. To declare the option, students must:
- have already completed a minimum of 1.0 credit in 300 level GS courses; and
- have a minimum GPA of 8.0 (B) in GS credits.
To graduate with the option, students must:
- complete a total of 2.0
or more GS credits at the 400 level, of which at least 1.0 must be
GS400* - Seminar in Global Studies;
- have a cumulative GPA in their GS
courses above 8.0;
- fulfill at least one of the following additional
- complete the GSE,
- complete a (1.0) senior language
- study abroad for one semester.
Senate Approval April 14, 2009: New Option; effective September 1, 2009.