Honours Economics with Management Option
The program consists of 20 credits of which at least 9.0 are in Economics and at least 5.0 credits are in Business. A minimum of 3.0 credits must be economics electives including at least 0.5 at the 300 or 400 levels.
Required courses: EC120, EC140, EC270, EC285, EC290, EC295, EC355, EC370, EC381, EC390, EC481; and EC450 or EC470; MA129 or MA103 or MA110*, MA122; BU111, BU121, BU127, BU283, BU288, BU352, and any four of: BU231, BU247, BU354, BU362, BU385, BU393, BU395 or BU398.
| Honours BA Economics and Management Option
|2.0 elective credits (1.5 if MA110* is taken).
MA141 may not count for credit towards any Honours BA
|Progression into Year 2 requires a GPA of
6.00 in EC120 and EC140, and an overall
GPA of 5.00.
One of: BU231 or BU247
||1.0 EC elective credit
|Progression into Year 3 requires a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in Economics
courses, a GPA of 6.00 in Business courses,
and an overall GPA of 6.00.
1.5 elective credits
|Progression into Year 4
requires a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in Economics
courses and an
overall GPA of 6.00.
EC450 or EC470;
Any three of:
BU354, BU362, BU385,
or BU247 if not taken in
|| 1.0 EC
elective credit with at least one at
the 300 or 400 level
|Graduation requires a cumulative GPA of
Economics courses and a cumulative GPA of at least 7.00 in the
courses specific to the Management Option and an overall
Students in this program may not count EC120 or EC140 towards the 5.0 credits required in the Management Option.
- Application to the Management Option is normally done at the end of Year 2. To be eligible for admission, a student must have a minimum GPA of 6.00 in BU111 and BU121 and hold credit for EC285.
- BU223 or BU283 may be used
to meet the Finance requirement.
BU385 has a prerequisite of EC275.
- Progression to Year 2 requires a GPA of 6.00 in EC120 and EC140, and an overall GPA of 5.00. For progression to Year 3 and Year 4 a cumulative GPA of 7.00 is required in economics courses and a cumulative overall GPA of 6.00.
- Any 300-level Management Option course may not be taken prior to Year 3.
- Graduation from the program requires a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in Economics courses, a cumulative overall GPA of 6.00, and a cumulative GPA of 7.00 in BU courses specific to the Management Option with a maximum of 2 repeats in the Management Option courses.
- At least 4.0 of the 5.0 credits in the Management Option must be completed at Wilfrid Laurier.
Senate Revision April 16, 2013: GPA change in Note 7; effective May 1, 2013.
Senate Revision May 28, 2013: Program Revision BU127, BU283; effective September 1, 2013.
Editorial Revisions February 25, 2015: Year 4 elective credit corrected to 1.5; effective immediately.
Academic & Related Dates 2013/2014