Athlete Academic Success Program
An academic and athletic mentoring program for Laurier's Golden Hawk athletes.
Students can work independently or in small groups to complete course work and assignments with Athlete Academic Mentors on hand to answer learning and study skill questions.
- Mondays, 8:00 pm in BA211
- Tuesdays, 8:00 pm in BA211
- Wednesdays, 8:00 pm in N1057
Academic and athletic skills workshops give students the opportunity to learn skills for both in class and in the field of play. Topics include:
- Academic advising
- Diversity and equity
- Learning styles
- Leadership skills
- Time management
- Active reading
- Exam strategies
- Lecture note taking
- Study aids
Select Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 8:30 pm
- Centre for Student Success
- Wally Gabler: Athlete Advisor/Coordinator, Interuniversity Sport
- Anne Marie Wetter: A.A.S.P. Co-ordinator/Learning Strategist
Athlete Academic Mentors
Get Started Today!
Access the A.A.S.P. MyLearningSpace Course Page
Get access to additional resources, updates and reminders by enrolling in the A.A.S.P. course page
1. Log into MyLearningSpace
2. Select "Self Registration" on the top right of the screen, and
3. Select and enroll in Athlete Academic Success Program
Book an Individual Learning Consultation with a Learning Strategist
- To book a learning consultation click here.
Accessibility: Learning Services is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all students, including students with disabilities. If you have an accommodation request for any of our services, please contact Michael Lisetto-Smith at 519.884.0710 x3640.